As you already know, we like to take care of the environment and we want to change some of our habits to achieve a more sustainable world.
Today we want to share with you two sustainable recipes easy to make at home, in case you also dare to change some habits for others that are more respectful with the environment:
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch (Maizena)
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 5 drops of essential oil (optional)
We will need a container first. We can reuse a bottle of hair mask or any glass jar, type of pâté or similar.
Inside the container, we will first pour the 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, which we can heat a little so that it is more liquid and it is not difficult to mix with the rest of the ingredients. Next, we add the cornstarch and baking soda. We mix everything for a couple of minutes and when we have achieved a creamy texture, we add the drops of essential oil.
Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and is very moisturizing for our skin. The cornstarch will help us to obtain a creamy texture and fight humidity. The baking soda camouflages the smell of sweat and helps eliminate toxins, and lastly, the essential oil will add a touch of perfume to the deodorant. It is important to bear in mind that essential oils are highly concentrated and, if we suffer from dermatitis or have sensitive skin, we must monitor their use (irritations could appear). We recommend tea tree oil, which, apart from the smell, gives us its antifungal properties. You can also use peppermint, lavender, rose oil … whichever you like the most!
You can find this and more recipes on the instagram of residuzero.cat
- 50 ml of double distilled vegetable glycerin (liquid)
- 20gr of calcium carbonate
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil (edible)
- 2 drops of tea tree essential oil (edible)
- 1gr of dried sage
- 1gr of dried thyme
- 0.5gr of dried fennel
We will need a glass jar or some reusable container.
- Carve dried plants with a hand mixer or grinder
- Mix the vegetable glycerin and the dried plants in a bowl
- Add the calcium carbonate to the mixture
- Put the pinch of bicarbonate
- Add the drops of essential oil
- Put the toothpaste in a glass container or reusable container
You will find this recipe and other sustainable tips on the biorevolució instagram
And you, do you know other sustainable recipes? Leave us your comment, we will read you!